My photo
an unfaltering believer, rainbow catcher, wishful painter, rain dancer, out-of-tune singer, legitimate crammer, devoted lover, wandering dreamer, would-be healer and frustrated writer who is insanely in-love with a child's laughter..and God.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

run with a purpose.

Why join a marathon/running event?

Runners have different answers, most may say that they want to have a healthy lifestyle, be fit or just enjoy a sport. Others, on the other hand, find the meaning of running at a different level: helping others. Some people may not know it but a lot of running events have causes; more than hyping your sympathetic noradrenergic system, it nourishes your heart.

For me, running is equal to making a difference in another person's life. I don't run for the sake of bib, timing chip, singlet, medal or even personal record. Whenever I decide to join an event, the first thing that I ask and look for is: What is it for?

Cause: running shoes for public school students.

I run for a cause...and will always will. I may not be an heiress or born in a prominent family that have the luxury of being a full-time philanthropist but, (for now) I'm contented with the realization that I'm extending my hand (or legs, rather) at it's farthest reach by taking each stride with a purpose.


I've been busy for the past three weeks due to the wave of hardcore exams which ended just hours ago, and I missed a lot of good running events.:(  As I was browsing potential events that I may run into to get back on track, I came across this: 



My heart sank. I missed helping this poor soul. Even if I registered at this event, it was too late for her. Too late for one soul but not for hundreds and thousands of others.

No, it is still not too late. Aside from Sofia Ysabel, a lot more living bodies are waiting to be helped. I searched more. The following are the upcoming events that I believe runners should be interested to participate with. God willing, I will be running majority of these events. 

See you.:)


**These are the interesting ones I saw for the months of Sept-Oct. You may want to check these sites for more details or events: http://www.pinoyfitness.com/ and http://www.takbo.ph/index.php?option=com_eventlist&Itemid=32



For the Neck and Throat Cancer Charity Patients:




To raise awareness of the "bingot" condition and cleft care:
http://www.milesforsmiles.pepsquadevents.com/



For the Cancer Warriors Foundation:
http://www.c-warriors.org/





For Pediatirics Charity patients: 
http://run4change.com/2011/08/fam-on-the-run-september-25-2011-mckinley-hill/





For PGH Breast Care Center and other selected hospitals: 
http://www.avonkgbcphilippines.com/




For Public Elementary Schools in Manila, Cebu and Davao.
http://www.stpeter.com.ph/site_content.php?sid=3



This one will be on November pa but the organizers already started its promotion so I included it. I think Ill be running this one, 90% sure. Haha.^.^


2 comments:

  1. We love your blog, it's wonderful and we are following.
    Super Glorinha kisses.
    Creators earring star tetrahedron, fighting radiation from mobile phones.
    http://sbrincos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you.^.^ i'll go check yours.

    ReplyDelete