My photo
an unfaltering believer, rainbow catcher, wishful painter, rain dancer, out-of-tune singer, legitimate crammer, devoted lover, wandering dreamer, would-be healer and frustrated writer who is insanely in-love with a child's laughter..and God.

Friday, October 21, 2011

finding "that" dress.

Weddings are always wonderful: those nice gowns, colorful flowers and happy people.


I used to spend hours watching wedding coverages at Youtube, particularly those of Jason Magbanua's http://jasonmagbanua.com/. (Though there's one particular video he made that I don't like, the pre-nup of Maggie Wilson, it is horrible.:< )

My oldest close cousin just got married last September 19, 2011. As expected, it was a lovely wedding. It was held at the wedding capital of Batangas- Caleruega (I'm going to post some pictures of the event at my next entry). The main motif was mint green, but guests can wear any of the pastel colors as long as it's formal looking.

 I particularly like yellow, it is my favorite color. I only had one week to find the dress that I'll be wearing, (on my exam week!) So one half day weekday, I just went to the nearest mall in my uniform to find the perfect fit, in yellow.

SM DasmariƱas doesn't have a lot of chic boutiques unlike Mall of Asia, or Robinson's Ermita, at least. I only saw three stores with descent dresses on it, including the Department Store.

These are the dresses that I tried on in Lhasa boutique:


Dress No. 1  
Php 2, 000+
























 Dress No. 2  Php 1,000+










 Dress No. 3
  Php 1,000+ 




I love the details of this dress.



All of the above dresses' back
look like this. 




 Dress No. 4  Php 350 
(on sale, originally 700? I forgot.)

                       
I love the cut of this one.

The yellow dresses were great. I considered them all, especially the last one, because it's cheap! Haha. I was on the verge of buying it but then for some reasons, I hesitated. So I went looking for more when weekend came. Guess where.



 Dress No. 5   Php 400 
                                          (originally 800)


Yes this is not yellow, but it is pastel. And I liked its soft hue.
What I didn't like with this dress is its bottom part.
There's a see-through fabric that reminded me of  a  kulambo/ mosquito net.






Dress No. 6   Php 400
 (originally 800)
Ian chose this one. He insisted on fitting it though it's too dark for pastel. I texted the groom's sister which is my cousin also if I can break the color code. She said I can, ONLY if I have no choice.



What dress suit me best? Why?
and
What dress you think I chose?
I'm going to post that dress on my next post.
:)

3 comments:

  1. love the 3rd dress on you. it fits you PERFECTLY.

    <3 Maria
    http://imavintagebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the 2nd dress! i love the details of it, bagay sayo ;)

    http://smallfrequentdressing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maria and @Roxanne: thank you.:)

    ReplyDelete